Sunday, July 24, 2005

carrie's word of the day

i like to think i have my own language. i make up words all the time. my friends can definitely attest to this. strangers have a hard time understanding me (so does my own mom, but i don't know if she counts because she's so far behind on the lexigon, ie, i heard her try and use the word bling the other day and i almost lost a lung laughing so hard). to try and rid the world of misunderstanding me (or not understanding me at all) i have decided to also use my blog to define the words in my wonky language*. here's the newest:
pro-cras-ti-surf-ing: the act of viewing various arbitrary websites as a means of avoiding what you really should be doing. eg: Carrie found the cutest shoes while she was procrastisurfing at work yesterday. Grant writing? What grant writing?
*feel free to add my words to your vocabulary, just make sure you know you heard it here first. :-)

No comments: